Join us at the 9:30 Club on Thursday, March 28 at 8 pm for a night of craft beer in cans and brew-based films. Brooklyn Brewery will be on hand to unveil a film made by Transient Pictures and show off cans of Brooklyn Lager and East India Pale Ale. Check out the rest of the information and ticket link from Flying Dog, Ball and Reyes Beverage Group:
As the who’s who of the craft beer industry descend on the District this March for the annual Craft Brewers Conference, Flying Dog Brewery, Ball and Reyes Beverage Group bring you Festival de Cans — a beer-focused film festival.
On Thursday, March 28, we’re taking over DC’s iconic 9:30 Club with film and the finest canned refreshments.
Emceed by comedian Doug Powell, Festival de Cans will explore the evolution of beer advertising and the craft industry’s impact.
Each brewery has submitted a commercial or short film that will be screened alongside some of the best vintage beer television commercials. (Patrick Swayze for PBR, anyone?) Participants include:
- Flying Dog: Snake Dog IPA and UnderDog Atlantic Lager
- The Brewer’s Art: Resurrection Dubbel
- Brooklyn: Brooklyn Lager, East India Pale Ale
- Golden Road: Point the Way IPA, Get Up Offa That Brown*
- Half Acre: Daisy Cutter Pale Ale*
- Maui: Liquid Breadfruit Imperial Golden Ale, Coconut Porter
- New Belgium: Shift Pale Lager, Ranger IPA
- Oskar Blues: Dale’s Pale Ale, Mamma’s Little Yella Pils
- Revolution: Anti-Hero IPA, Bottom Up Wit*
- Sierra Nevada: Pale Ale, Torpedo Extra IPA
- Starr Hill: Starr Pils, Northern Lights IPA
* These beers are not distributed in DC and exclusively available at this event.
Following the film screenings will be a performance by Brooklyn-based funk band Escort, who’s latest album was named one of the top releases in 2012 by Rolling Stone Magazine.
Tickets are $25 and on sale now through the 9:30 Club. Only 500 public tickets are available and this will sell out.
- Festival de Cans @ 9:30 Club (DC)
- March 28, 2013 8:00 pm
- March 28, 2013 11:00 pm
- March 21, 2013