- Raleigh, NC
- Kalamazoo, MI
- Austin, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Syracuse, NY
- Rochester, NY
- Providence, RI
- Richmond, VA
- Ft. Meyers/Naples, FL
- Tampa Bay, FL
- New Orleans, LA
This post is one of four roles responsible for representing Brooklyn Brewery and her interests in the UK – two roles based in London, one role covering an area from Manchester to Leeds and the final role in Scotland focusing in on Glasgow and Edinburgh. Primary duties will be to execute Brooklyn Brewery's marketing program in order to raise the brand profile.
After training at Brooklyn Brewery, New York, the Brand Ambassador will be called upon to forge relationships & create programming to help position Brooklyn Brewery as the premier American craft beer in the UK. The right candidate will already be a member of the artisanal food and drink scene with existing relationships that can help position the Brooklyn Brewery brand.
The job requires an outgoing personality that relishes customer interaction and has a high appreciation for beer and Brooklyn. Brand appreciation extends beyond Brooklyn beers to the leading culture coming out of the borough of Brooklyn that is internationally recognized for its unique character and influence. An affinity for good food, music, art and pop culture is a must.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Event planning and co-ordination:
- Assisting the delivery of key events under Brooklyn Brewery and House of Beers Brooklyn Brand Manager
- Managing the delivery of brand assets to agreed events.
- Representing the brand at festivals.
- Working with existing partners and establishing new partnerships where appropriate.
- Creating new events and programming under the guidance of Brooklyn Brewery and House of Beers Brooklyn Brand Manager
- Trade Marketing:
- Presenting brand values and building relationships with key accounts as directed by House of Beers National Sales Manager.
- Ensuring brand presentation within accounts maximizes exposure in line with brand guidelines.
- Delivering trade level marketing activities (beer dinners, beer release parties and tastings).
- Managing POS distribution against a budget.
- Assist in managing brand communications to trade.
- Manage their own Brooklyn social media such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Localized PR for special and seasonally released beers.
- Promotion and PR for events.
Key Contacts, Internal and External:
- House of Beers Brand Director & Brand Manager
- Brooklyn Brewery International Marketing Manager & Marketing Director
- Key Customers
- External Agencies (Design and PR)
- Event Managers, Journalists, Contacts within Sponsored Events etc…
If you’re interested, send your cover letter, résumé and references to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Brooklyn Brewery is seeking an intern for The Marketing Unit. The Marketing Unit handles all of Brooklyn Brewery’s advertising, events, web, brand development, social media, and public relations activities. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to many of these areas. This is a very hands-on position that demands consistency, dedication, and a love for detail.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate, have knowledge and appreciation of craft beer & food, a firm grasp on popular culture & social media, and previous experience in an office or marketing environment. Top candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, a proven passion for Brooklyn, excellent problem-solving skills, and a desire to learn.
Compensation: $10/hour in addition to course credit (if applicable)
Hours: 30 hours weekly
Location: The Brewery is located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Requirements: must be at least 21 years old and able to lift 30lbs
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and addendum to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Internship” in the subject line. Your cover letter should address specifically why you want to work for the Brooklyn Brewery and what you hope to gain from the internship. In addition, please send an addendum discussing a recent time when you confronted a snag or a bump in the road. Briefly describe and contextualize the problem/issue and then detail how you solved it. The addendum should be no more than two paragraphs.
No phone calls, drop-ins or letters, please. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to the applicants moving forward in the hiring process.
The Brooklyn Brewery is seeking a sales representative in Raleigh, North Carolina, to increase the availability, visibility, velocity, and volume of Brooklyn Brewery beers via making sales calls on retail accounts and educating distributor sales teams and consumers.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
Account Management- 100% of activity
The Sales & Marketing Representative acts as the primary face of the Brewery for North Carolina.
- Territory Planning and Management: Develops, with the Region Manager, a territory management structure that ensures that markets, distributors, accounts, and consumers are touched with the appropriate frequency. Market time always includes a prepared visit plan that uses anecdotal, VIP, or syndicated data, visits to a defined list of Core Accounts, time spent with distributor reps in work-with settings, and consumer interactions (events, tastings, etc). The Brewery Sales & Marketing Representative is always 100% prepared to sell at all times with samples and support materials. Specific activities include:
- New Business: Sells in new distribution to all on- and off-premise accounts.
- Velocity: Sells in volume-enhancing signage and programs to accounts and merchandises products where legal.
- Education: Educates distributors, retailers, and consumers in the territory on all general brewery and brand knowledge via distributor sales meeting presentations, ride with responsibilities, retail staff educations, consumer tastings and events.
- Quality: physically inspects all products in all settings for freshness and ensures all brewery collateral in the market match brewery Style Guide standards.
- Communication: Writes brief market visit recap emails to distributors and Regional Manager weekly that list achievements and needed follow-up help. Weekly schedule sent to Regional Manager only.
- Relationships: Develops and maintains strong relationships with distributor and retailers.
- Market Ethics: Acts professionally at all times, is responsible with alcohol, and avoids unsavory sales tactics.
- Special Projects: Executes Quarterly Focus, specific strategic programs, and requested implementations by the Regional Sales Manager to include surveys (pricing, distribution, execution, and quality), crew drives, etc.
- Core Deliverables:
- 90% of time (4.5 out of every 5 days each week) should be spent with accounts, distributors, or consumers.
- Review VIP data weekly to identify sales opportunities.
- Make 25 or more sales calls per week.
- Top Accounts are physically seen monthly.
- Execute 4+ minimum distributor ride with per month with a professional follow-up email.
- Deliver sales recaps to distributors weekly by start of business each Monday.
- Deliver, by noon on Mondays via email, any market visit recaps and weekly schedule to Territory Manager.
- Deliver expense reports on time, follow expense guidelines, and stay under budgeted expense spending.
- Extensive knowledge of The Brooklyn Brewery product line and all industry dynamics and players in the territory.
- Proficient verbal, written, and group communication skills.
- Cicerone Level 1 certification (within 3 months of hire date)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Bachelor’s degree and prior experience in a beer/wine sales position is preferred
- Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Excellent organization and coordination skills- detail oriented & able to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs)
- Valid Driver License with a good driving record, a reliable, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week
- MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN RALEIGH, NC
This position will report to the Regional Manager.
If you are interested, please send a copy of your résumé/CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with “NC SALES REPRESENTATIVE” in the subject line. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
The Brooklyn Brewery is seeking an affable, outgoing beer enthusiast to represent our brand at a variety of events in and around multiple beer-centric regions worldwide. This part-time job is responsible for executing a variety of promotional events in bars, restaurants and stores. Promoting Brooklyn Brewery as a spokesperson for our beers and forging relationships on The Brewery's behalf are all primary obligations.
The right candidate will already be a member of the nightlife scene of their home market, with existing relationships that can help position the Brooklyn brand. A familiarity with food trends, contemporary music, film, comedy, and local culture are big plusses.
Coordination between sales reps, venue, and headquarters
Event set-up and tear-down
Capturing and processing newsletter signups
Engaging with consumers in an easy and fun manner in order to raise brand awareness
Creating new contacts
Event Ambassadors will represent The Brewery on average four times a month.
To apply for this position, please find your region below and send your resume and cover letter with the correct subject line to the specified address.
- Raleigh, NC: Send with subject line "Raleigh Event Ambassador" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kalamazoo, MI: Send with subject line "Kalamazoo Event Ambassador" to email@example.com
- Austin, TX: Send with subject line "Austin Event Ambassador" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dallas, TX: Send with subject line :Dallas Event Ambassador" to email@example.com
- Syracuse, NY: Send with subject line "Syracuse Event Ambassador" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rochester, NY: Send with subject line "Rochester Event Ambassador" to email@example.com
- Providence, RI: Send with subject line "Providence Event Ambassador" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richmond, VA: Send with subject line "Richmond Event Ambassador" to email@example.com
- Ft. Meyers/Naples, FL: Send with the subject line "Ft. Meyers/Naples Event Ambassador" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tampa Bay, FL: Send with the subject line "Tampa Bay Event Ambassador" to email@example.com
- New Orleans, LA: Send with subject line "New Orleans Event Ambassador" to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once hired, the Event Ambassador will be brought to Brooklyn, NY for training at The Brewery. Applicants must be 21 years or older. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.