Visiting The Tasting Room
Once an intimidating stretch of old warehouses and rough streets, Brooklyn's Northside has grown around the Brooklyn Brewery to become a cultural destination. Book Small Batch Tours and find out when to visit us below, and check out our Events page for a complete list of public events in our Tasting Room.
Tours & Hours
What's On Tap? ›
We're glad you asked. Here's the latest on tap and bottles in our Tasting Room.
Monday - Friday: Small Batch Tours & Public Hours ›
Monday-Thursday 5-11 PM
Friday 5 pm- 12 am
Stop by to hang in our Tasting Room, have a few beers (last call is 30 minutes before closing), shop at our Company Store, and hang out. Some nights there might be games, music, food vendors, or other surprises, which we'll call out on our Events page. Otherwise, stop by and pass some time with us. The music is good and there's plenty of beer.
Small Batch tours: Monday- Friday 5, 5:30, 6, and 6:30 PM
We open dates 60 days in advance of the tour at 12:00AM EST. Don't see a date? Either it is more than 60 days ahead, it is sold out, or we are booked for a private event. Remember, we cannot accommodate day-of changes, so be sure to come about fifteen minutes before your tour time to check in.
Begin booking your tour using the link below:
The Small Batch Tour is your chance to pull aside the curtain and get an all-access look behind the scenes at one of the largest craft breweries in the United States and one of the best-known craft breweries around the world. You'll join a small group of lucky beer fans from all over the world for a guided tasting of four Brooklyn Brewery beers, learn some of the history of the brewery, take a tour of our brewhouse and packaging hall, and receive a souvenir Brooklyn Spiegelau Saison Glass for you to take home. Our resident experts can answer just about any beer or Brooklyn Brewery question you may have, so come prepared to geek out.
The tour lasts for roughly forty five minutes before we rejoin the public hours to drink beer and hang out. Tours are only available in English. Please see the "Before You Visit" section for additional information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Saturday & Sunday: Public Hours ›
Saturday 12 PM- 12 AM
sunday 12-8 PM
free tours: Saturday & Sunday, every half hour 1-6 PM
Grab a snack or meal to go as you walk a few blocks along the waterfront, staring at the vista of Manhattan, before finding your way to our Tasting Room. Weekends at The Brewery are a sprawling affair. Come in for a beer (last call is 45 minutes before closing), grab a ticket for a free tour (limited to 40 people every half hour), visit our rotating selection of food truck and vendors, and enjoy.
ID is required for all guests over 21 to purchase beer. Advance day reservations are not available for tours or tables. Tickets are released on the day of the tour only. Please check out our "Before You Visit" and "Alerts and Closures" tabs below for more details, FAQs and potential adjustments to our hours.
Company Store Hours ›
If you're looking to stock up on Brooklyn Brewery gear, you're looking in the right place. Our Company Store is open during all regular public hours:
Monday- Thursday 5-11 PM
Friday 5 PM- 12 AM
Saturday 12 PM- 12 AM
Sunday 12- 8 PM
For 24-hour service and web exclusives, check out our Online Store right here.
Remember, the Company Store will NOT be open on holidays or when the Tasting Room is closed. Please see the Holiday Hours, Alerts and Closures tab for more information.
Before You Visit ›
We're happy to have you joining us at the Brewery, but even the best parties have some house rules. Please check the list below before you come to our Tasting Room to make sure we're all on the same page.
- Bring an ID with you! All guests must be over 21 years of age with valid ID. Children may be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- No open-toed or high-heeled shoes are allowed on our tours. This is a working brewery and hot liquid does floweth on the floor. For safety's sake, cover up those beautiful feet of yours.
- We do not offer food aside from some basic snacks, but Friday through Sunday we bring some of NYC's finest food trucks just outside our doors for you to order from and eat inside. Check our social media for the latest news on which trucks we'll have when you visit.
- Other outside food may also be delivered or brought in. No outside drinks.
- There is never a cover charge for public hours. Other events may have their own cover or paid ticketing.
- There are no table reservations in the Tasting Room. First come, first served. Please share the tables fairly. Your neighbors are likely pretty cool people anyway.
- Small Batch Tours have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you need to cancel your reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 hours before the tour for a refund. Late cancellations will not be eligible for refunds or ticket transfers. Service fees are non-refundable.
- Children under 10 years old are not required to purchase a ticket for Small Batch Tours. Children older than 10 and younger than 21 must purchase a ticket and will still receive a souvenir Brooklyn Brewery glass, filled during the tour with water or craft soda. Guests under 21 years of age are not permitted to consume alcohol under any circumstances.
- All tours are given in English. Small Batch Tours consist of a roughly 45 minute tour and guided tasting, with ample time to drink beer, and chat with our friendly staff. Public hour tours last approximately 25 minutes and do not include sampling, but grabbing a beer from the bar beforehand is strongly encouraged.
- Advance-day reservations are not available for the free weekend tour, instead tickets are released one hour before the tour time at the Company Store. A maximum of two tickets will be given out per person. Tours are limited to 40 people. First come, first available.
- Make sure to check out the "Holiday Hours, Alerts and Closures" tab before your visit just in case we had to make any adjustments to our usual operations. It's rare, but it could happen.
- Be nice. You're surrounded by people who love beer, being served by people passionate about what they're pouring for you. Life doesn't get much better.
Holiday Hours, Alerts, & Closures ›
Here are upcoming adjustments to our hours of operation:
DUE TO PRIVATE EVENTS PUBLIC EVENTS END AT 7 PM (AFTER SMALL BATCH TOURS):
TUESDAY, JULY 10
MONDAY, AUGUST 13
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30 (Small Batch Tours at 5 and 5:30 PM only, Public Hours end at 6:30 PM)
THERE WILL BE ADJUSTED PUBLIC HOURS ON:
MONDAY, JULY 23 (5 PM Small Batch Tour only, opening at 8 PM)
MONDAY, JULY 30 (no Small Batch Tours, opening at 7 PM)
MONDAY, AUGUST 27 (no Small Batch Tours, opening at 8 PM)
TUESDAY, AUGUST 28 (closed for a private event)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 (Closing early at 7 PM)
MONDAY, OCTOBER 1 (no Small Batch Tours, opening at 7 PM)
There will still be Small Batch Tours available on these days unless otherwise noted. Otherwise, we'll see you another day.
DUE TO HOLIDAYS THERE WILL BE NO PUBLIC HOURS, SMALL BATCH TOURS, OR COMPANY STORE HOURS ON:
MONDAY, MAY 28 (Memorial Day. Semi-officially the beginning of summer for Americans.)
WEDNESDAY, JULY 4 (Independence Day. Don't forget Summer Ale beach towels.)
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3 (Labor Day. Stock up on grilling beer during the weekend.)
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 22 (Thanksgiving Day. Feasting time.)
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 23 (Day after Thanksgiving. We'll be napping.)
MONDAY, DECEMBER 24 (Christmas Eve. No last minute shopping here.)
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 25 (Christmas Day. Seriously, no last minute shopping here.)
MONDAY, DECEMBER 31 (New Year's Eve. Stay tuned for our annual New Year's Eve Party plans.)
TUESDAY, JANUARY 1, 2019 (New Year's Day. Starting the new year fresh.)