Visiting The Brewery
Once an intimidating stretch of old warehouses and rough streets, Brooklyn's Northside has grown around the Brooklyn Brewery to become a cultural destination. Explore the neighborhood, then come and join us in the Tasting Room for beers, tours and events all week long.
Alerts and Closures ›
The MTA has confirmed a 5 week shutdown of the L train between Manhattan and Brooklyn (between 8th Ave and Lorimer) every weekend (as well as weeknights after 11:30pm) from April 13th until May 18th.
That means trains will stop running at 11:30pm on Fridays and won't start up again until 5am on Monday morning. Yes, there will be no L trains running at all on Saturdays and Sundays. Yikes!
Worry not, while not as direct, you can still make the journey to visit the Brooklyn Brewery. We will still be here for your beer drinking and tour needs!
Here are some alternate subway routes:
+ Take the A or C train from Manhattan into Brooklyn and transfer at Hoyt Schermerhorn to the G train. Take the G train to Nassau Av and walk to The Brooklyn Brewery.
+ Take the F train from Manhattan in Brooklyn and transfer at Bergen Street to the G train to Nassau Av and walk to The Brooklyn Brewery.
+ Take the J train from Manhattan into Brooklyn and transfer at Marcy Av to the Loop Buses provided by the MTA to Bedford Ave and walk from Bedford Ave and North 7th to The Brooklyn Brewery.
The East River Ferry is also a great option!
Check out these links for more information on getting around -
Monday - Thursday ›
Small Batch tours
Monday- Thursday, 5 PM sharp
Begin booking your tour using the link below:
The Small Batch Tour is your chance to pull aside the curtain and get an all-access look behind the scenes at one of the largest craft breweries in the United States and one of the best-known craft breweries around the world. You'll join thirty lucky beer fans from all over the world for a guided tasting of four Brooklyn Brewery beers, an in-depth history and brewery tour, and a souvenir glass for you to take home. Our resident experts can answer just about any beer or Brooklyn Brewery question you may have, so come prepared to geek out.
Please see the "Before You Visit" section for additional information and answers to frequently asked questions.
the tasting room is open 6-11 PM
The line starts forming as early as 5pm and the doors open at 6pm for this weekly tradition. The rules are simple: beer tokens are 5 for $20 or $5 each. The pizza is deliverable. The cask is tapped. The space is bare bones. There is very little to get in the way of tasting and savoring some of the best and freshest beer in the whole wide world-- no cover, no reservations, no tours. Get here early to snag a table in our communal Tasting Room and settle in.
ID is required for all guests over 21 to purchase beer. Please check out our "Before You Visit" tab below for more details and FAQs.
Saturday & Sunday ›
the tasting room is open Saturdays 12-8 and sundays 12-6
Grab a snack or meal to go as you walk a few blocks along the waterfront, staring at the vista of Manhattan, before finding your way to our Tasting Room. Weekends at The Brewery are an all-day affair. Come in for a beer, grab a ticket for a free tour (limited to 40 people every half hour) and enjoy.
On Saturday we open promptly at noon with free tours on the half hour from 1pm - 5pm and start shutting down around 7:30 for closing time at 8pm. There's an awful lot of stellar bars in Williamsburg to visit, after all. Sundays open at noon sharp as well, with free tours on the half hour from 1pm - 4 pm before we start shutting down around 5:30 for closing time at 6pm to make it home in time for all the good television shows.
ID is required for all guests over 21 to purchase beer. Advance day reservations are not available for tours or tables. Tickets are released on the day of the tour only. Please check out our "Before You Visit" tab below for more details and FAQs.
Company Store Hours ›
So you want to buy some Brooklyn Brewery swag? We can help!
In addition to our regular weekend hours, the Brooklyn Brewery Company Store is now open Monday through Thursday from 4-7pm! You may not be able to drink a beer while shopping, but you will be able to purchase the glass to enjoy a beer in at home.
The Company Store will now be open:
Monday-Thursday from 4-7pm
Before You Visit ›
We're happy to have you joining us at the Brewery, but even the best parties have some house rules. Please check the list below before you come to our Tasting Room to make sure we're all on the same page.
- Bring an ID with you! All guests must be over 21 years of age with valid ID. Children may be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- No open-toed or high-heeled shoes are allowed on our tours. This is a working brewery and hot liquid does floweth on the floor. For safety's sake, cover up those beautiful feet of yours.
- The Tasting Room operates on a token system for beers. One token is $5, or you can purchase 5 tokens for $20. Tokens are available at the Company Store on entry to the Tasting Room and must be brought to the bar to be served.
- One token equals one beer. Two tokens equals a high alcohol beer. Three tokens equals a pour from one of our big bottles into a souvenir Brooklyn Brewery glass. Four or more tokens equals some combination of beers, or perhaps some new friends for you. Well done.
- Outside food may be delivered or brought in. No outside drinks.
- There is never a cover charge for public hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Other events may have their own cover or paid ticketing.
- There are no table reservations in the Tasting Room. First come, first served. Please share the tables fairly. Your neighbors are likely pretty cool people anyway.
- Small Batch Tours have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you need to cancel your reservation, please email email@example.com no later than 24 hours before the tour for a refund. Tickets cannot be transferred to other dates. Late cancellations will not be eligible for refunds or ticket transfers.
- Children under 2 years old are not required to purchase a ticket for Small Batch Tours. Children older than 2 and younger than 21 must purchase a ticket and will still receive a souvenir Brooklyn Brewery glass, filled during the tour with water or craft soda.
- If you are a New York Pass holder, book your Small Batch Tour online and bring the pass with you to the Brewery on the day of the tour. On showing the pass you will be issued a $2 refund.
- Maximum size of each Monday-Thursday 5-7pm Small Batch Tour is 30 guests, and reservations fill up quickly. Tickets are released one month ahead of Small Batch Brewery Tour dates. There is no waiting list for Small Batch Tours, but if a reservation is canceled the tickets will be released through the Eventbrite page.
- Free weekend tours are available on Saturdays at 1, 1:30, 2, 2:30, 3, 3:30, 4, 4:30 and 5 and Sundays at 1, 1:30, 2, 2:30, 3, 3:30 and 4. There are no tours on Friday night.
- Free weekend tour tickets are released one hour before the tour time at the Company Store. A maximum of two tickets will be given out per person. Tours are limited to 40 people.
- Be nice. You're surrounded by people who love beer, being served by people passionate about what they're pouring for you. Life doesn't get much better.