Visiting The Tasting Room
Once an intimidating stretch of old warehouses and rough streets, Brooklyn's Northside has grown around the Brooklyn Brewery to become a cultural destination. Book Small Batch Tours and find out when to visit us below, and check out our Events page for a complete list of public events in our Tasting Room.
Tours & Hours
What's On Tap? ›
We're glad you asked. Here's the latest on tap and bottles in our Tasting Room.
Monday - Thursday: Small Batch Tours & Public Hours ›
public hours: monday-Thursday 6-9:30 PM
Stop by any time from 6-9:30 PM (last call at 9 PM) to hang in our Tasting Room, have a few beers, shop at our Company Store, and hang out. Some nights there might be games, music, food vendors, or other surprises, which we'll call out on our Events page. Otherwise, stop by and pass some time with us. We won't tell anyone you snuck out on a school night.
Small Batch tours: 5-6 PM
We open dates approx. 31 days in advance of the tour at 12:00AM EST. Don't see a date? Either it is more than 31 days ahead, it is sold out, or we are booked for a private event.
Begin booking your tour using the link below:
The Small Batch Tour is your chance to pull aside the curtain and get an all-access look behind the scenes at one of the largest craft breweries in the United States and one of the best-known craft breweries around the world. You'll join thirty lucky beer fans from all over the world for a guided tasting of four Brooklyn Brewery beers, learn some of the history of the brewery, take a tour of our brewhouse and packaging hall, and receive a souvenir Brooklyn Spiegelau Saison Glass for you to take home. Our resident experts can answer just about any beer or Brooklyn Brewery question you may have, so come prepared to geek out.
The tour lasts for roughly an hour, with the rest of the time saved for drinking beer and hanging out. Tours are only available in English. Please see the "Before You Visit" section for additional information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: Public Hours ›
the tasting room is open Fridays 6-11 PM, Saturdays 12-8 PM, and sundays 12-6 PM
Grab a snack or meal to go as you walk a few blocks along the waterfront, staring at the vista of Manhattan, before finding your way to our Tasting Room. Weekends at The Brewery are a sprawling affair. Come in for a beer, grab a ticket for a free tour (limited to 40 people every half hour), visit our rotating selection of food truck and vendors, and enjoy.
Our hours and tour availability:
+ Friday Night: Doors open at 6 PM. Free tours at 7 & 8 PM. Last call around 10:15 PM, closed at 11 PM to make way for late-night plans.
+ Saturday: Doors open at noon. Free tours on the half hour from 12:30-6 PM. Last call around 7:15 PM, closed at 8 PM so you can explore our neighborhood's stellar bars and restaurants.
+ Sunday: Doors open at noon. Free tours on the half hour from 12:30-4 PM. Last call around 5:15 PM, closed at 6 PM to get home in time for the good TV shows.
ID is required for all guests over 21 to purchase beer. Advance day reservations are not available for tours or tables. Tickets are released on the day of the tour only. Please check out our "Before You Visit" and "Alerts and Closures" tabs below for more details, FAQs and potential adjustments to our hours.
Company Store Hours ›
So you want to buy some Brooklyn Brewery swag? We can help!
In addition to our regular weekend hours, the Brooklyn Brewery Company Store is open Monday through Thursday from 4-9:30pm! You may not be able to drink a beer while shopping, but you will be able to purchase the glass to enjoy a beer in at home.
The Company Store is open:
Monday-Thursday from 4-9:30pm
For 24-hour service and web exclusives, check out our Online Store right here.
*Please note - the Company Store will NOT be open on holidays. Please see the Alerts and Closures tab.
Before You Visit ›
We're happy to have you joining us at the Brewery, but even the best parties have some house rules. Please check the list below before you come to our Tasting Room to make sure we're all on the same page.
- Bring an ID with you! All guests must be over 21 years of age with valid ID. Children may be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- No open-toed or high-heeled shoes are allowed on our tours. This is a working brewery and hot liquid does floweth on the floor. For safety's sake, cover up those beautiful feet of yours.
- The Tasting Room operates on a token system for beers. One token is $5, or you can purchase 5 tokens for $20. Tokens are available at the Company Store on entry to the Tasting Room and must be brought to the bar to be served.
- One token equals one beer. Two tokens equals a high alcohol beer. Three (or four) tokens equals a pour from one of our big bottles into a souvenir Brooklyn Brewery glass. Five or more tokens equals some combination of beers, or perhaps some new friends for you. Well done.
- We do not offer food aside from some basic snacks, but Friday through Sunday we bring some of NYC's finest food trucks just outside our doors for you to order from and eat inside. Check our social media for the latest news on which trucks we'll have when you visit.
- Other outside food may also be delivered or brought in. No outside drinks.
- There is never a cover charge for public hours. Other events may have their own cover or paid ticketing.
- There are no table reservations in the Tasting Room. First come, first served. Please share the tables fairly. Your neighbors are likely pretty cool people anyway.
- Small Batch Tours have a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you need to cancel your reservation, please email email@example.com no later than 24 hours before the tour for a refund. Late cancellations will not be eligible for refunds or ticket transfers. Service fees are non-refundable.
- Children under 10 years old are not required to purchase a ticket for Small Batch Tours. Children older than 10 and younger than 21 must purchase a ticket and will still receive a souvenir Brooklyn Brewery glass, filled during the tour with water or craft soda. Guests under 21 years of age are not permitted to consume alcohol under any circumstances.
- Maximum size of each Monday-Thursday 5-7pm Small Batch Tour is 30 guests, and reservations fill up quickly. Tickets are released one month ahead of Small Batch Brewery Tour dates. There is no waiting list for Small Batch Tours, but if a reservation is canceled the tickets will be released through the website.
- Free weekend tours are available on Friday nights at 7 and 8 PM, Saturdays at 12:30, 1, 1:30, 2, 2:30, 3, 3:30, 4, 4:30, 5, 5:30, and 6 and Sundays at 1, 1:30, 2, 2:30, 3, 3:30 and 4.
- All tours are given in English. Small Batch Tours consist of roughly an hour tour and guided tasting, followed by time to hang out, drink beer, and chat with our friendly staff. Public hour tours last 25-30 minutes and do not include sampling, but grabbing a beer from the bar beforehand is strongly encouraged.
- Advance-day reservations are not available for the free weekend tour, instead tickets are released one hour before the tour time at the Company Store. A maximum of two tickets will be given out per person. Tours are limited to 40 people. First come, first available.
- Make sure to check out the "Alerts and Closures" tab before your visit just in case we had to make any adjustments to our usual operations. It's rare, but it could happen.
- Be nice. You're surrounded by people who love beer, being served by people passionate about what they're pouring for you. Life doesn't get much better.
Holiday Hours, Alerts, & Closures ›
Here are upcoming adjustments to our hours of operation:
DUE TO PRIVATE EVENTS, THERE WILL BE NO PUBLIC HOURS ON:
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28
There will still be Small Batch Tours available on these days, and the Company Store will remain open from 4-7 PM. Otherwise, we'll see you another day.
CLOSED MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19. We will be closed for Presidents' Day, with no hours at the Company Store and no Small Batch Tour. We'll be open regular hours the previous Saturday-Sunday, February 17-18, so swing by and stock up.
CLOSING EARLY SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22. We will be closing early at 7 PM for a private company event, with last call at 6:15 PM. Tours will continue on their regular schedule. Think of it as a good excuse to make dinner plans nearby.